Saturday, January 4, 2014

Help Cory Beat Cancer

I am going to start of this blog post with yet another apology...I am sorry that I did not post anything for Christmas or to help bring in the new year. To be honest, I was trying to avoid making people feel the same stale and bitter depression that I have been experiencing for the past few months. But with the new year, I have decided to take on a new attitude. This next year is going to push me to my limits, but I decided to take things head on. I need to make the most of what I have been given, and appreciate everything under the circumstances, because reasons to smile are hard to come by anymore. For those of you who follow my blogging, you will know that 2013 has not been my year. The struggles, hardships, and stressors seemed to weigh me down to where I felt like I couldn't take it anymore. To make matters worse, On December 16th, my best friend was diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer. Yesterday, he received his first of many chemotherapy treatments. He is receiving his treatments at one of the best facilities in our area, the only one qualified to treat him. But transportation to and from his appointments is 180 miles, which can get very costly. Medical bills are going to be piling up for his family as it is, and being able to make it to his treatments shouldn't be an issue. In order to help out, a fundraiser has been started to raise money for his travel expenses. So I decided to reach out to some of my readers for help. It only takes one person to make a difference, and he could really use the help right now. Cancer is a big enough stress as it is, and I don't want finances to be another struggle for his family. So anyone who is able to help, please click here to make a donation. Thank you to everyone who reads my blog, and thank you to anyone who is planning on making a donation. Your support really means a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment