Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Outrage 4- Mistreated and Misunderstood

Recently I have been really upset about how people can judge you, and treat you a certain way about something that they have zero understanding on whatsoever. People assume things about you, when they don't know the whole story of why you do the things that you do. I feel like I go out of my way to help others, and sometimes that means putting a smile on my face no matter how bad I may feel at the time. I make fun of myself if it means making someone else's day better. Yet I feel that I am constantly judged when people don't know anything about me. I would be lying to you if I said that 2013 was a good year. Truth be told it is hell, and I can't wait for it to be over. But aside from that, I find myself having a hard time staying happy when little things that people say continue to hurt, and they don't realize it. For example, I had a teacher today tell me in a nutshell that my constant lack of effort is causing me to get a low grade. I only missed one homework assignment. I have always done my work and always gave my best effort. If the teacher knew that I was at the hospital until midnight, and awake until 4 am doing homework, than maybe she wouldn't have been so mean about it. Honestly little things like this are what hurt me the most. I take pride in my schoolwork, and I take comments to heart. Hearing this in an already bad situation doesn't make things any better. And my friends are ever worse with this. I feel like I am constantly smiling and joking with my friends just to make them feel better. If they know half of the stuff that was going on with me, they would seriously wonder how I manage to hide it. I sometimes ask myself how I am able to "fake being happy". I feel like I am a time bomb of emotions waiting to go off. I am tired of being mistreated for things I can't control. I just have to stop hiding my emotions. I can't keep staying happy when on the inside I feel miserable. Something has to give, or I am just going to stop trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment