Thursday, September 26, 2013

God Hates the Westboro Baptist Church

I really wanted to save this topic for a segment of "Outrage", but that one word does not even begin to compare to some of the other words that come to mind when I think Westboro Baptist. For those of you who don't know, The Westboro Baptist "Church" is a hate cult that has been a problem in our society for decades. They pray for more dead soldiers, picket soldier funerals, say that "faggots" are going to hell, and picket concerts. They spread their hate everyday, and nobody can stop them. I guess people are going to have to die before the government does anything about it. In my opinion, the KKK are ten times more peaceful than the WBC. The WBC suggests that the death penalty should be in place for anybody who does not believe that homosexuality is an abomination. They have made their way into two aspects of my life; my love for country music, and my belief in human rights. They have called my favorite singer, Taylor Swift, "the whoreish face of this doomed nation." They have even picketed a Vince Gill concert, and are planning to picket a Blake Shelton concert on October 3rd. Below are some pictures of their "kind" words!




These are just small examples of their hateful messages. It would not surprise me if people committed suicide over these harsh words. And insulting my role models is just one thing. They said that the Sandy Hook victims were proof of God's wrath. When children die, yes I have a problem with these hateful messages. And saying that soldiers die for gay marriage, they are full of "bull" for a more appropriate term. Human rights are human rights, and people do not need to die for them. I can honestly say that I HATE these people. I could care less if their church got bombed with all of them in it. I would probably sleep better at night knowing that things can get better.The only good thing that has come out of this so far is the Equality House.

The Equality house was purchased and painted this color to support equality for gay people. I know that homosexuality has been in a lot of my more recent blogs, but I am a huge human rights activist. Seeing people like WBC makes me want to put more good in the world, even if that means them being put out of the world. I can say that one of my biggest goals in life is to be able to picket Fred Phelps funeral. 

No comments:

Post a Comment