Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My Worst Day

September 4, 2006- It's the day of my dad's funeral. And I feel like it is the worst day of my life. But really, the worst day of my life is seven years later, September 4, 2013. Granted, seven years ago I had to see and hear things that I was not ready to face. I was legitimately traumatized by some of the things I had to experience. But none of this compares to the news I got on this day, this year. This news is all too common, when it shouldn't be. I got news that yet another student at Sayre High School has lost a parent. To me, any Sayre student, or child for that matter, who loses a parent is forced to face something they simply should not have to live with. I have seen cancer, car accidents, and murders. Truly awful ways for kids to see their parents die. I feel that no child deserves this, and the only thing I can do when I hear these stories is cry. I cry for the people who probably have no clue who I am. But I cry in empathy. I know what they are going through, and I know how bad it is. I will do everything I possibly can to help these people out.

No comments:

Post a Comment